Road rail vehicles may not be for everyone, but for the rail industry they are everything.
A major part of their infrastructure and maintenance requirements the road rail vehicle is fast becoming one of the biggest parts of our business.
Vehicles are always built to specific requirements and are built for customers all round Australia, including a recent contract to replace the entire fleet for Tasmania Rail.
Q/Rail are another of our larger customers and has well over 100 of our rail vehicles in its fleet. Road Rail vehicles, keeping rail maintenance Australia wide, ‘on track’.
We offer a full ready to use product utilizing Harsco Rail Equipment and a myriad of control system variants. If we don’t have it – we’ll develop it!
“Gibson Tru-Body & Harsco Rail jointly are recognised as suppliers of quality Road Rail Vehicles in Australia”
Harsco supply the Rail Guidance Equipment and Gibson Tru-Body completes the Installation and Control System.
Harsco Hy-Rail guide units are designed and constructed under ISO 9001 Accredited quality assurance systems using Computer Aided Design and Finite Element Analysis to ensure maximum strength and durability.
TYPICAL RAIL EQUIPMENT FEATURES:
- Coil spring suspension
- Individual wheel load adjustability
- Integrated guide wheel braking
- Quality industrial hydraulic cylinders
- Mechanical locking
- Suit rail gauge – 1067mm, 1435mm and 1600mm
TYPICAL CONTROL FEATURES THAT CAN BE ACCOMMODATED INCLUDE:
- Control System using Programmable Logic Controller
- Touch Pad Control Console in cab with multi coloured lights & buzzer
- Raise & Lower switches (available internal or external)
- Electro-Hydraulic powerpack for Rail Equipment operation
- Manual over ride facility
- Rail Equipment location indicator light in cab (equipment up/down)
- Rail Equipment lock indicator light in cab (locked/unlocked)
- Waterproof proximity switches used externally
- Strobe lights / Strobe bar automatically activated
- Air horns automatically integrated
- Day time running lights
- Work Lights
- Driving Lights
- Electronic Driver ID access to Control system
- Vigilance System – to meet Standards or Customer requirements
- Speed limiting to vehicle – under pre-set conditions
- Load cells to monitor body overloading
- Warning System and speed limited if vehicle is overloaded
- Facility to over ride any system – with automatic and instant report back to base.
- Hour Meter to record time vehicle used on rail
- Data Log recording of pre-set parameters
- Data download module – to export data back to base onto PC
- GPS tracking facility – with access from base PC
- Periodic servicing alert
- EPIRB mounted in door pocket
- Swing down side steps with location warning light
- Step lights
- Auxiliary Battery with charging facility
- GVM Upgrade (subject to vehicle)
- Axle Upgrade (subject to vehicle)
- Vehicle Roll Over Detection Device
- Automatic rear ride height using Air Bag Suspension